Acquire more Facebook Fundraising data for your nonprofit and increase the lifetime value of your fundraisers.
Book a Call!
Speak to a social fundraising specialist today to find out how GivePanel could help your nonprofit raise more on social platforms.
- Are you failing to meet your Facebook fundraising goals?
- Are you worried about the impact of not being able to thank your supporters on Facebook?
- Are you frustrated by the lack of supporter details provided to you by Facebook?
- Do you want to grow your Facebook income 10x by harnessing the power of Facebook groups?
How Cure Brain Cancer Foundation raised over AU$250,000 with a Facebook Burpee Challenge
A simple challenge concept and incredible group engagement helped raise over AU$250,000 for Cure Brain Cancer Foundation in Australia.
Set up as an initial pilot Facebook Challenge for Cure Brain Cancer Foundation, their first Facebook Challenge of 1500 Burpees in November exceeded all expectations and resulted in an outstanding amount raised and a new viable channel to connect with supporters. Here’s how Cure Brain Cancer Foundation did it.
Who is Cure Brain Cancer Foundation?
Cure Brain Cancer Foundation is the leading voice for research, advocacy, and awareness for brain cancer in Australia. Its mission is to ‘unite our community to increase brain cancer survival and quality of life’. They work with the community to target gaps in care, research new drug developments, and raise awareness of brain cancer.
Prior to joining GivePanel, Cure Brain Cancer Foundation had never undertaken any kind of Facebook Challenge event before for two reasons:
- It didn’t have access to data to understand impact
- It relied on in-person event fundraising
When the Covid-19 pandemic hit, its events calendar also took a hit. The lasting effects of the pandemic encouraged Cure Brain Cancer Foundation to pivot its strategy and try social fundraising.
Enter, the 1500 Burpees in November Challenge in 2021.
1500 Burpees in November
A Facebook Challenge is a virtual event that runs solely on Facebook and leverages the power of social networking through ads, groups and fundraisers. This means:
- Lower acquisition costs
- More fundraisers
- And no fundraising platform costs!
However, it’s not always plain sailing and the team faced two main challenges:
- A late start in advertising – they gave themselves only two weeks to get supporters into their Facebook group which impacted the number of leads they could achieve.
- Lead generation forms were set up incorrectly – this slowed down the potential leads before the Challenge started.
Despite this, the 1500 Burpees in November Facebook Challenge raised an incredible amount of money for Cure Brain Cancer Foundation. But it wasn’t the only thing the organization gained. The event prompted:
- Personal emotive storytelling from those living with or caring for those with brain cancer
- A new community of engaged supporters with their top fundraiser raising over $20,000 and completely new to the organization
- A new way of fundraising to connect them with supporters across Australia – no geographical limits!
Meeting supporters where they are
With GivePanel you can run virtual events and challenges entirely on Facebook and manage all your data with ease. Our Facebook Group event registration forms sync with Facebook transaction data so that you have all your data in one place. Our fundraiser engagement and messages tools mean that you can give Facebook fundraisers the experience they deserve resulting in more contact details collected and funds raised.
GivePanel gives you the analytics and reports you need to track campaigns and enables you to build custom imports for your CRM. All of this saves significant staff time, allowing you to focus on what matters – fundraising!
As well as our online platform, GivePanel offers a range of consultancy and outsourcing services for nonprofits to help them get to the next level with Facebook fundraising.
The Challenge in numbers
Top tips from Canteen
Reach out to Challenge champions to help nurture engagement in your Facebook group.
Make sure to test your journey beforehand to make sure it’s working properly.
Make the most of the GivePanel dashboard to thank your supporters and gain insight into event data for a clear picture of your Challenge.