Tips, expert advice and best practice to unlock the power of Facebook Fundraising for your organization.
Book a Call!
Speak to a social fundraising specialist today to find out how GivePanel could help your nonprofit raise more on social platforms.
- Are you failing to meet your Facebook fundraising goals?
- Are you worried about the impact of not being able to thank your supporters on Facebook?
- Are you frustrated by the lack of supporter details provided to you by Facebook?
- Do you want to grow your Facebook income 10x by harnessing the power of Facebook groups?
How Mental Health Foundation acquired 1000s of new contactable supporters from Facebook fundraising
When Mental Health Foundation turned on Facebook Giving Tools in November 2018 they started to receive a high volume of Facebook Birthday Fundraisers. Many thousands every month.
While the income they received was very welcome, with limited internal resources they were unable to thank these Fundraisers. Like all nonprofits, they were also disappointed that they did not get contact information to stay connected with these supporters over the long term. At the time, their Facebook page only showed Fundraisers over USD $50, meaning that over 65% of their Fundraisers were not easily visible.
Who is Mental Health Foundation?
Since 1949, the Mental Health Foundation has been the UK’s leading charity for everyone’s mental health.
With prevention at the heart of what they do, they aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive.
Thanking your Fundraisers
GivePanel worked with Mental Health Foundation on a three-month pilot. We created a message engagement strategy for Mental Health Foundation’s Facebook Fundraisers that not only thanked them all but also asked them for contact details.
With our engagement team, we then set about messaging every Fundraiser on behalf of Mental Health Foundation. We conducted a number of A/B tests using the GivePanel platform to increase the response rate and used the dashboard to track everything and report back to Mental Health Foundation on the key metrics.
Meeting supporters where they are
With GivePanel you can run virtual events and challenges entirely on Facebook and manage all your data with ease. Our Facebook Group event registration forms sync with Facebook transaction data so that you have all your data in one place. Our fundraiser engagement and messages tools mean that you can give Facebook fundraisers the experience they deserve resulting in more contact details collected and funds raised.
GivePanel gives you the analytics and reports you need to track campaigns and enables you to build custom imports for your CRM. All of this saves significant staff time, allowing you to focus on what matters – fundraising!
Why it pays to thank
Top tips from GivePanel
- Test your messaging to find out what resonates with your audience. It is not a one size fits all scenario!
- Use the GivePanel platform to easily manage your Facebook Fundraisers and use the labeling system to keep track of who you have and haven’t thanked. Our figures show that just thanking alone can result in as much as a 23% uplift in fundraising.
- Prepare content in advance of your campaign or Facebook Challenge so that you’re prepared but remember to be agile too! Fresh content that is both engaging and impactful is what you’re aiming for.