Blog New GivePanel Feature: In-Memory Facebook Fundraisers
New GivePanel Feature: In-Memory Facebook Fundraisers
Over recent years we have seen an increase in the number of fundraisers set up in someone’s memory, as a tribute to them and a way of helping others affected at the same time by raising funds for charitable causes.
In our 2020 Facebook Fundraising Benchmarks Report we found that while in 2020, the average amounts raised by Facebook fundraisers had increased compared with 2019 for all activities, the stand out area was in-memory and tribute fundraising, which saw the mean average increase by nearly 84%, from $400 USD in 2019 to $735 USD in 2020.
And when combining fundraisers from all charities in 2019 or 2020, in-memory and tribute fundraisers raised both the highest mean average and median monetary value.
In-memory/tribute fundraising is incredibly powerful on Facebook as people are already connected to friends and family. If a charity does not have Facebook Giving Tools activated they may be missing out on this income – people can’t set up a fundraiser on Facebook if the charity is not present.
To help nonprofits to be Facebook-first in their approach to In-Memory fundraising, we are excited to be developing a brand new In-Memory feature within the GivePanel app. This is the first time people will be able to set up In-Memory fundraisers on Facebook.
The GivePanel In-Memory feature operates in the same creation process as our Custom Facebook Fundraisers.
- Fully customisable Facebook fundraisers for your supporters
- Options to title pages as “In Memory of”, “In Tribute of”, or “In Honour of” depending on preference
- Ability to set the end date for In-Memory fundraisers for up to 3 years
- In-Memory Facebook Fundraiser Creation Link that nonprofits can use for their website, email and social media campaigns
- Book of Remembrance function where fundraisers will be able to capture messages to the loved ones of the deceased to commemorate their life
- In-Memory event reporting in GivePanel
How to get involved
We are currently trialling this new feature with a small number of our nonprofit customers, with the view to roll this out further in the coming months.
If you would like to find out more about GivePanel In-Memory and how this can benefit your fundraising efforts, get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or contact us.